Benefits of Duality
The most comprehensive set of resources to help quantum companies succeed.
Duality is the first accelerator program in the U.S. exclusively focused on supporting innovative quantum startups.
Led by the Polsky Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation at the University of Chicago and the Chicago Quantum Exchange, alongside founding partners the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, Argonne National Laboratory, and P33, the program draws on the region’s deep well of scientific, corporate, and industry expertise to develop practical applications of quantum technology. We are committed to fostering diversity, equity and inclusion, strive to incorporate this throughout all aspects of the program.
Based in Chicago, Duality is a 12-month program offering innovative quantum startups the critical resources they need to develop and scale their business, including:
- $50,000 (USD) in non-dilutive, unrestrictive funding
- Entrepreneurial and business training taught by the University of Chicago Booth School of Business and Polsky Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Mentorship from more than 55 top business experts, investors, and entrepreneurs
- Technical expertise from world-renowned quantum scientists and technology companies
- Industry exposure and access to corporate leaders
- Access to office space and state-of-the-art facilities (subject to approval)
- Immersion in Chicago’s rapidly developing quantum startup community
* The opportunity to access state-of-the-art facilities is subject to approval by the relevant facility, and compliance with its policies and procedures.
World-Class Business and Entrepreneurship Training
During the first three months of the program, Duality startups will undergo formal instruction and entrepreneurial training taught by the University of Chicago Booth School of Business and Polsky Center staff, including:
- Intellectual Property, Exclusivity, and the Value of Innovation
- Corporate Partnership Strategies
- Preparing Your SBIR/STTR Application
- Introduction to Venture Capital and Term Sheet Negotiation
- Building a Diverse and Inclusive Company
- And more…
Duality startups will participate in an in-depth industry feedback session, called Corporate Collision. This two-day, invitation-only showcase gives startups the opportunity to engage in 1:1 conversations with corporate partners. Startups learn about marketplace needs and challenges and then translate this feedback into business development opportunities that can be solved with quantum technologies.
Startups will continue to engage with industry throughout the program as they continue their technology and business plan development efforts. They will also have access and opportunities to engage in discussions with technical experts from partner institutions during this time.